TYPE OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you visit our site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse our site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to our site, and information about how you interact with our site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information”.
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on our site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons”, “tags”, and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse our site.
INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE
There are a few activities on our site where the collection of personally identifiable information is necessary. Those activities include things like making a purchase, entering a contest or giveaway, requesting a catalog, newsletter or other information, registering an account on our site, filling out a survey or questionnaire, or contacting us. When we collect personally identifiable information, you will know because you will have to provide that information to us. For most activities, we collect only your name, e-mail address, mailing address, and birth date. When you make a purchase, we also collect your billing address, contact number, and credit card information.
If you visit our pages on social media sites such as Facebook and Instagram, we may collect both personally-identifiable and non-personally-identifiable information. For example, if you ask a customer service question through our Instagram page, we will receive your username along with your question and will use that information to respond to your question. Personally identifiable information will be stored by Kittea until erased in the ordinary course of business.
Additionally, we use this personally identifiable information to:
- Communicate with you;
- Screen our orders for potential risk or fraud; and
- When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
WHO WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION WITH
Sometimes we use third-party companies to help us market products you were interested in from our website, or to facilitate order processing and fulfillment. in those instances, we share your information with them to target advertising, deliver products, assist us in collecting and managing customer information, fulfill promotions and/orders and/or communicate with you.
These third-party companies include:
shopify – facilitate online orders
mailchimp – email marketing
facebook, google, other advertisers – advertising services